Get ready for the upcoming season and take your riding to a new level. The
next introductory class takes place the weekend of March 17-18 from 1pm to 4pm,
both days (weather permitting).
This is a two day track certification class. No prior experience is required. We start
with the basic fundamentals of riding safely on the track and progress to more
advanced skills. After completion of the program, you’ll be certified to train and
race at the velodrome.
Just bring your shoes, helmet and pedals. Track bikes are provided.
For more information, go to: http://www.dicklanevelodrome.com/certification
Or email: [email protected]
If you know someone looking for a place to stay close to the track, check this place out!!!
AIR BNB close to the track
First day of racing is scheduled for Tuesday, April 3, 2018. Please make sure to renew your season pass prior to April 3rd. Also, make sure you have filled out, signed and emailed your waiver prior to April 3rd. This will make things go faster and racing will begin on time.
You will keep the same number from previous years.
Little E Burrows
Board replacement from fallen tree damage – all that remains is to attach bottom rail.
Concrete repair – spots on track and apron.
Pressure washing on turn 1 and wood crossing
Weed control around boards (aka weed whacking)
Bike repairs – all bikes are now ready for March start of our Youth Cycling
Leaf bagging on top of more leaf bagging
Ice Machine Inspection and hopeful for a repair to service soon
Fire Ant control
Cleaning turn 1 boards
Pizza Eating – provided by Oz Pizza!
If you attend 2 or more work days at the DLV, you can use the discount code “WORKDAY” for $50.00 off your annual pass.
2018 Beginner’s Class Schedule
- – March Weekend Class: March 10th and 11th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Remember Daylight Savings!
- – April Weekend Class: April 14th and 15th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – May Weekend Class: May 19th and 20th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – June Weekend Class: June 23rd and 24th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – July Weekend Class: July 21st and 22nd from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – August Weekend Class August 18th and 19th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – September Weekend Class: September 15th-16th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Get all the details here:
We hope that old man winter takes a break next week.
As a reminder we need to temp to be above 40 at 6pm to open the gates @ 6:30pm.
Winter/Spring brings seen and unseen dangers to the velodrome.
Before riding the track verify it’s safe to ride – look for these and other unsafe conditions:
1. leaves are slippery even when not wet – clear them before riding!
2. verify there is no condensation on the track before riding!
3. clear of any water, ice and snow!
4. springtime pollen is also slippery!
It’s a new year so please print, complete and sign a new ATRA release wavier and bring it with you.
We need your help with managing waivers – so please scan/take a picture of your signed release wavier and email it with your full name in the subject line to: [email protected]com
Fee’s to ride the velodrome can be found here:
If you purchased a pass in 2017 then you are good to go until April 1st – all others will need to pay $5 per day or purchase a 2018 pass.
It’s Cyber Monday! Don’t forget to shop AmazonSmile.com and donate to the East Point Velodrome Association, Inc.!!!!
Support us when you shop on Cyber Monday. Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/04-3667703 and Amazon donates to East Point Velodrome Association Inc.
Saturday December 9th 9 to 3
Use our event page to add the velodrome details to your calendar link to event page.
Finish Board repair
Finish Pressure washing turn 4
Pressure spray wood crossing turn one
Oil change on pressure sprayer
Finish fixing gutters add Gutter Guards
Continue Bike repairs
Spray for bugs
Fence repair turn one/two
Tree trimming – does anyone have a pole chainsaw?
Help us keep the velodrome looking nice and rideable.