I am happy to announce that Wednesday racing is back at the Dick Lane Velodrome starting with the first Wednesday in May. This will not be the traditional DLV programming as we return to racing. It will be adjusted periodically with a goal of getting back to something that carries on DLV tradition and incorporates a few new ideas.
If you would like to volunteer to help on race nights, please email [email protected]
Let’s all have fun and be safe!
East Point Velodrome Association
Here is some general programming information and a few of the logistics for May racing. Check the DLV Event page for specifics to be added later this week.
- – Racing for the 2021 season will be Wednesday only, starting in May and running through the end of September. (A total of 22 weeks.)
- – There will be no rider of the year or omnium points tabulated for the 2021 race season.
- – May racing will be free. Starting in June, the cost will be $20 per night.
- General housekeeping rules:
- – Registration will be at concession
- – No riders allowed in officials stand
- – Covid guidelines will be posted at concessions and infield board.
- May: Wednesday race programming:
- – Gates open 5:30 PM
- – Track and rider check in open at 6:00 PM for warmup
- – No traditional DLV group warmup
- – Riders meeting 6:50 PM
- – Racing starts at 7:00 PM
- – Racing ends at approximately 9:00 PM – We would like to have the back straight lights out – by 9:10 PM to be considerate to the neighborhood. All lights out and gates locked by 9:30 PM.
- – DLV cat A, B and C racers only. No cat D (beginners)
- – Maximum participation for a night limited to 36 riders (3 fields of 12 max)
- – Fields of 10 to 12 (max) riders of similar abilities (based on ability, not always category)
- – Races for each field will be made up of the following races. Watch the event page for specifics prior to each night.
- * Race 1: 5 lap scratch or 10 lap scratch
- * Race 2: Tempo or Win and Out
- * Race 3: Unknown Distance
- * Race 4: Feature races (see below)
- – Feature races (2) by invite only
- * Fields for these races are by invite
- * Not everyone will qualify
- * Possibly move a few riders down a cat to “control” races
- * Points races
- * Laps depend on remaining time
- * Feature Races:
- – “B” Main feature (30 to 40 laps ideal) sprints every 10
- – “A” Main feature (40 to 50 laps ideal) sprints every 10
- – Feature races (2) by invite only
- – June, July, August and September program TBD based on participation and field sizes
Race Night General COVID-19 Guidelines
- – Please stay at home if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, have an elevated temperature, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- – Masks are mandatory any time you can not maintain 6 feet of distance from another person.
- – Masks are encouraged but not required while riding.
- – At this event and all others, please limit the number of people (guests/parents) you bring with you as much as possible. We understand it may not be possible for you to come alone.
- – Upon arrival, please follow all directions provided and continue to practice in social distancing.
- – Entrants are encouraged to bring their own pen to complete the 2021 ATRA waivers if you have not completed your ATRA waiver at home.
- – Riders should find a spot in the infield as usual and stay there as much as you can. Please leave a safe distance to your neighbors of at least 6 feet. If you leave your area, social distancing must be adhered to.
- – Guests should find a spot on the outside of the boards and please leave a safe distance to your neighbors of at least 6 feet.
- – No groupings of more than 12 people.
- – Maintain a minimum of 6 feet between participants and staff members at all times. Avoid physical contact with others when possible.
- – All riders/visitors should wash their hands regularly with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- – Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- – No riders allowed in officials stand.
- – No more than two people in each restroom at a time.