Our friends at MACC that run the one love century (and help support our youth cycling) are looking for volunteers August 31st.
Here are the details:
The One Love Century Ride is around the corner on August 31, 2019.
We need volunteers. Feel free to invite your friends and family too! One Love Century takes teamwork, and we need everyone on our team!
· Sign up for volunteer role(s) HERE!.
· See below for a list of volunteer opportunities to sign up for.
ONE LOVE DAY OF VOLUNTEER POSITIONS [AUGUST 31]
· Rest Stop Teams 1, 2, & 3 (Rest Stops 1 & 2 have two shifts; Rest Stop 1 has One Shift)
· Route Safety/Directional aka Critical Areas (13 intersections requiring coverage to keep cyclists safe)
· SAG Vehicles (Vehicles to rescue fatigued or injured cyclists)
· Check-in Registrations
· Melon Station
· Food Station
We’re using SignUp.com to organize our volunteer support. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to sign up for your volunteer role(s): https://signup.com/go/RuSWVKA
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
We will try again next week.
A thank you to our sponsors Ethic, Inc for the Velodrome Cup and Oz Pizza for the Friday Night Sprints. If you missed the action or need to take notes you can re-watch the action on our YouTube channel:
We would like to congratulate all our winners over the two days
A Women: Erica Carney
A Men: Jame Carney
B/C: Thomas Duke
Masters: Andy Bailie
Women Sprints: Annalise Oestreich
Men Sprints: Nick Oestreich
Find all the results HERE
The velodrome is volunteer run so with out them we couldn’t put these events on without them – so a special thanks to:
And finally a BIG thank you goes to our Sponsors and Supporters:
Metro Atlanta Cycling Club – One Love Century
Andy Bailie Re/Max Metro Atlanta
Georgia Bike Racing Association
The Marley House
City of East Point
ATL Airport District
We’ll have printed copies on site – but feel free to print at home and bring with you. As a reminder Friday Night features the Oz Pizza Festival of Speed that starts at 6pm. Saturday’s event – Ethic Velodrome Cup kicks off at 3pm with main events scheduled 6 to 9.
Guide and Event details: here
If you’re not a subscriber to our email signup today – to read today’s issue click here:
We will see everyone next Monday.
It is a huge commitment from racers and families to compete at a national championship. Congratulations to the DLV racers who competed in Carson, California over the July 4th week: Audrey Zents, Sophie Zents, Amelia Hicks, Julian Ruhe, Max Oestreich, Johnny Rhodes Delbridge, Reece Latham, Annalise Oestreich, Lamin Wright, Brock Mason, and Erin Young.
Unfortunately our instructors are out of town, so we will not be having structured training or YCL this evening.