First day of racing is scheduled for Tuesday, April 3, 2018. Please make sure to renew your season pass prior to April 3rd. Also, make sure you have filled out, signed and emailed your waiver prior to April 3rd. This will make things go faster and racing will begin on time.
You will keep the same number from previous years.
Little E Burrows
Board replacement from fallen tree damage – all that remains is to attach bottom rail.
Concrete repair – spots on track and apron.
Pressure washing on turn 1 and wood crossing
Weed control around boards (aka weed whacking)
Bike repairs – all bikes are now ready for March start of our Youth Cycling
Leaf bagging on top of more leaf bagging
Ice Machine Inspection and hopeful for a repair to service soon
Fire Ant control
Cleaning turn 1 boards
Pizza Eating – provided by Oz Pizza!
If you attend 2 or more work days at the DLV, you can use the discount code “WORKDAY” for $50.00 off your annual pass.
2018 Beginner’s Class Schedule
- – March Weekend Class: March 10th and 11th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Remember Daylight Savings!
- – April Weekend Class: April 14th and 15th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – May Weekend Class: May 19th and 20th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – June Weekend Class: June 23rd and 24th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – July Weekend Class: July 21st and 22nd from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – August Weekend Class August 18th and 19th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- – September Weekend Class: September 15th-16th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Get all the details here:
We hope that old man winter takes a break next week.
As a reminder we need to temp to be above 40 at 6pm to open the gates @ 6:30pm.
Winter/Spring brings seen and unseen dangers to the velodrome.
Before riding the track verify it’s safe to ride – look for these and other unsafe conditions:
1. leaves are slippery even when not wet – clear them before riding!
2. verify there is no condensation on the track before riding!
3. clear of any water, ice and snow!
4. springtime pollen is also slippery!
It’s a new year so please print, complete and sign a new ATRA release wavier and bring it with you.
We need your help with managing waivers – so please scan/take a picture of your signed release wavier and email it with your full name in the subject line to: [email protected]com
Fee’s to ride the velodrome can be found here:
If you purchased a pass in 2017 then you are good to go until April 1st – all others will need to pay $5 per day or purchase a 2018 pass.
It’s Cyber Monday! Don’t forget to shop AmazonSmile.com and donate to the East Point Velodrome Association, Inc.!!!!
Support us when you shop on Cyber Monday. Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/04-3667703 and Amazon donates to East Point Velodrome Association Inc.
Saturday December 9th 9 to 3
Use our event page to add the velodrome details to your calendar link to event page.
Finish Board repair
Finish Pressure washing turn 4
Pressure spray wood crossing turn one
Oil change on pressure sprayer
Finish fixing gutters add Gutter Guards
Continue Bike repairs
Spray for bugs
Fence repair turn one/two
Tree trimming – does anyone have a pole chainsaw?
Help us keep the velodrome looking nice and rideable.
Starting in April, 2018, Women’s weekly racing will be moved back to Tuesday nights along with Master’s and Beginner’s racing.
If you attend two or more work days, we offer a $50.00 discount on season passes.
Warning: leaves are slippery even when not wet. You will slide off the track and hurt yourself if they aren’t cleared from the track.
The November Velodrome Workdays is in the books!
If you missed it – don’t worry we will be releasing a December Workday date soon.
A big thank you to the following:
Accomplished Tasks for the day include:
- leaf bagging
- bathroom lock jamb install
- ventilation fan for men’s room
- file cabinet clean out
- part of turn 4 pressure washed
- removal of fallen tree parts
- removal of damaged boards
- fixing and cleaning of gutters
- a good start on bike repairs
- flag rope replacement
- re-wrapping of turn one cabling
- re-hanging of turn three cabling
- trash can cleaning
- pizza eating
1. velodrome is reopen it’s ride at your own risk
2. verify the track is safe before riding
3. leafs are slippery even when not wet you will slide off the track and hurt yourself if they aren’t cleared from the track