Due to weather, we unfortunately had to cancel the return of Madison night this week. So we are going to sling the night forward 1 week to Wednesday June 1st.
Madison night is returning to our regular Wednesday race schedule rotation starting Wednesday
May 25, 2022 June 1, 2022. There will be a Madison clinic at 6:00 PM on May 25th. Riders who have not previously participated in the Madison at the DLV are required to attend this clinic if you are interested in racing in the evening’s Madison. Experienced Madison riders are encouraged to attend as a refresher.
Madison night is returning to our regular Wednesday race schedule rotation starting Wednesday May 25, 2022. There will be a Madison clinic at 6:00 PM on May 25th. Riders who have not previously participated in the Madison at the DLV are required to attend this clinic if you are interested in racing in the evening’s Madison. Experienced Madison riders are encouraged to attend as a refresher.
Hope everyone had a good offseason and maintained some fitness. If your fitness is a little off, now is the time to start racing to get back into shape.
This season marks the full return of weekly programming. We hope to see you out there racing or volunteering.
Here are some key points for this season.
- Dick Lane Velodrome is a member of the American Track Racing Association (ATRA), so to ride here you’ll need the complete an ATRA waiver for 2022. All riders MUST have a complete and signed waiver on file with us before riding the track! Click here for waiver –>ATRA Release
- We are returning to our pre-Covid registration method with a new updated payment process. Show up, give us you name, race number, make a quick payment and go ride.
- Registration is in person only and starts at 6:00 PM. The fee for the evening is $10.00.
- New for 2022, we will be accepting payments via cash, card, PayPal and Venmo.
- Tuesday racing is for Beginners (Cat D), Women and Masters (35+)
- Wednesday racing is for our Category A, B and C racers.
- Please arrive early to sign waivers, pay fees and pick up numbers.
Youth Cycling League is back! The first day of our 2022 season is this coming Monday, March 14th at 5:30. For more information please visit https://www.dicklanevelodrome.com/youth-program/ or email [email protected]
Hello DLV followers,
Our first workday weekend was a success. This season we are changing things up a bit. We had both a Saturday and Sunday workday from 10am to 4pm. Hopefully this allows followers a chance to get their rides in and still be able to participate for a few hours helping the DLV. This also allows for weather flexibility. We have more projects to beautify the velodrome then manhours for a crew of 500. Please feel free to bring your favorite rake, leafblower, pole saw, loppers, and/or shovel.
and Jonathan’s friend Jake
Leaves were removed, Bleachers returned to position, Ivy removed from trees, tree debris removed, and a patch to back straight board hole.
See everyone soon,
The DLV’s first workdays of 2022 are scheduled for 10AM both Saturday February 19 and Sunday February 20. Yes, we are doing two days in a row. Please come out for both days, one day or even a partial day. We need volunteers to help clean up the velodrome grounds in preparation for the 2022 season. The primary task will be:
- Leaf removal
- Debris cleanup
- General cleaning
These are a few of the things that need done so that we can take the next steps in opening the velodrome for the full 2022 season.
Come join us if you can, we appreciate your help!!!!