Due to weather, we unfortunately had to cancel the return of Madison night this week. So we are going to sling the night forward 1 week to Wednesday June 1st.
Madison night is returning to our regular Wednesday race schedule rotation starting Wednesday
May 25, 2022 June 1, 2022. There will be a Madison clinic at 6:00 PM on May 25th. Riders who have not previously participated in the Madison at the DLV are required to attend this clinic if you are interested in racing in the evening’s Madison. Experienced Madison riders are encouraged to attend as a refresher.
Madison night is returning to our regular Wednesday race schedule rotation starting Wednesday May 25, 2022. There will be a Madison clinic at 6:00 PM on May 25th. Riders who have not previously participated in the Madison at the DLV are required to attend this clinic if you are interested in racing in the evening’s Madison. Experienced Madison riders are encouraged to attend as a refresher.
Hope everyone had a good offseason and maintained some fitness. If your fitness is a little off, now is the time to start racing to get back into shape.
This season marks the full return of weekly programming. We hope to see you out there racing or volunteering.
Here are some key points for this season.
- Dick Lane Velodrome is a member of the American Track Racing Association (ATRA), so to ride here you’ll need the complete an ATRA waiver for 2022. All riders MUST have a complete and signed waiver on file with us before riding the track! Click here for waiver –>ATRA Release
- We are returning to our pre-Covid registration method with a new updated payment process. Show up, give us you name, race number, make a quick payment and go ride.
- Registration is in person only and starts at 6:00 PM. The fee for the evening is $10.00.
- New for 2022, we will be accepting payments via cash, card, PayPal and Venmo.
- Tuesday racing is for Beginners (Cat D), Women and Masters (35+)
- Wednesday racing is for our Category A, B and C racers.
- Please arrive early to sign waivers, pay fees and pick up numbers.
The DLV’s first workdays of 2022 are scheduled for 10AM both Saturday February 19 and Sunday February 20. Yes, we are doing two days in a row. Please come out for both days, one day or even a partial day. We need volunteers to help clean up the velodrome grounds in preparation for the 2022 season. The primary task will be:
- Leaf removal
- Debris cleanup
- General cleaning
These are a few of the things that need done so that we can take the next steps in opening the velodrome for the full 2022 season.
Come join us if you can, we appreciate your help!!!!
Thank you everyone for a great season. This Thursday October 14th is our last night of YCL for the year. Both the beginner and intermediate classes will start at 5:30, we will all race bikes and have fun together. At 6:30 we are having a pizza party! So come on out and help us end the season right.
Youth Cycling League Canceled for Monday 10/4 is canceled due to rain.
Youth Cycling League canceled for Monday 9/20 due to wet track conditions.
The fallen light post and damaged boards have been repaired enough that all programming at the velodrome can resume. We will be open starting Wednesday 9/8. Come out an enjoy an evening of racing under the lights!
Many thanks to the East Point Power Department, the City of East Point Parks and Recreation Department, and Michael Barman for quickly resolving the issues created by the fallen light post.