Cycling Mini-Symposium in Montgomery Alabama, Jan 28th at 5:30pm

I recently moved to Montgomery to join the faculty for ASU's Masters in Prosthetics and Orthotics program. My prior cycling research was done at Georgia Tech where we built a lab dedicated to studying cycling neuromechanics (how does the nervous system control movement). I brought most of the cycling lab with me to ASU and we're in the process of rebuilding the lab here.

We wanted to have this little mini-symposium so I can get to know everyone here, show off all our cool new stuff, and hopefully get some cool research going.

The talk will begin around 5:30, Monday, Jan 28th at ASU's John L. Buskey Health Sciences Center at 1155 N. University Dr.

The lecture should run about 45 minutes with time for discussion. The presentation will be about how we pedal a bicycle, what that means for positioning, how to optimize this, and highlight some of our recent research on cycling aerodynamics, and a little on Paralympic cycling.

Afterwards, there will be a reception with food and during this time, we'll be taking folks through the new biomechanics lab.

If you want to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to see what I'm up to now, I'll buy you a beer and provide a place to crash for the evening. Barman is "welcome" only if he comes to the presentation wearing an aero helmet backwards.

Lee Childers