Monday Night FIT
Monday Night FIT(Fast Intense Training) and Skills
The Monday Night FIT program is back for 2013. Each week we will rotate between fitness based training and skills based sessions.
Who's it for?
Anyone wishing to get some intense training, learn some new skills and generally get better at riding and racing on the track.
Who's it not for?
Someone not willing to work with the group and do what is scheduled. This will be a closed session night of training, so you are either doing the program or you're watching from the sidelines. Absolutely no exceptions.
Program Rules and Guidelines
- You MUST know what each nights session is going to be and be prepared to participate
- Be READY to ride at 7:30 for group warm-up. We have a limited amount of time to train, so please arrive early, get your equipment in order and be ready to step onto the track at 7:30pm
- Please have the correct gear on your bike before the warm-up starts. Rental bikes will be available for those that need them($5 fee). Everyone should have no more than an 86" gear. Gear Chart.
- Standard velodrome rules apply, you should have a signed waiver on file and be current with your training fees. Daily training fee of $5 applies if you don't have a season pass
- If you have any questions about the training sessions, please contact Jeff Hopkins, firstname.lastname@example.org 404 769 0012. This program will be run by Dave Schwalbach for the FITness sessions, and Jeff Hopkins for the Skills sessions
The fitness sessions will be:
Sprint / Endrance Team Night
7:30 – 8:00: Warm up
Two groups, Sprint / Endurance, teams “race” pursuit style, one team on each side of the track.
Sprint - Standing 2 lap Team Sprints
Endurance - Flying 2-person 6 Laps
For each, as many efforts as fit within the session time.
Skills sessions will be:
Will be held every other week. Even if you don't have a specific interest in trying the Madison, we'll have some skills drills designed for you.
Check the calendar to see which particular session will be running each week.