Thanks to event hosts GA Tech Cycling Team for a great day out. A number of new riders from GA Tech, Mercer U and UGA got themselves certified, and we had a nice turnout of already certified riders at the race as well. Congrats to all of the winners, here are the results: http://www.dicklanevelodrome.com/results/eventsondate.php?dt=2013-08-24
Due to lack of attendence we will not be holding any more Monday Night FIT classes for the remainder of the season. We will re-asses the program during the off-season to asses whether we will continue it for the 2014 season.
We have a few notes relating to the state championships coming up this weekend:
1. Please read the race flier, it will contain answers to most questions and you will have an idea of what is happening if you read it. If you print it and bring it with you on race day, you will also have a complete schedule of events. Flier is here: http://www.dicklanevelodrome.com/sites/default/files/13regionalflier.pdf
2. This race is sanctioned by USA Cycling. As such all riders will need either a USAC annual racing license, or pay a $10 one day license fee. You will need to have your license physically with you, or some other type of confirmation of such, otherwise you will have to pay the one day license fee.
3. Numbers: Will not be re-issued for this event, so BRING YOUR RACE NUMBER with you. Numbers are only re-issued for PRS events. If you need a re-issue of a number it will cost you $5.
4. Categories: ALL riders must have completed a beginner’s course at the DLV or another velodrome, to be eligible to race. No exceptions. No DLV D riders will be eligible to race massed start events in any division.
5. Team Events: Registration for team events will close at the beginning of the afternoon session. You will have the morning to organize your teams, but you must have your team rosters submitted to race officials in the judges stand before the 4pm start of the afternoon session. You could also use the forums on the website here to get your teams together.
If anything is unclear, please let us know, email@example.com
We've got the race flier loaded up for the third Pro Race Series event of the year, the Batdorf & Bronson Velodrome Cup. There are a multitude of new things for the A category in the event, and some of those are as follows:
1. Points Scoring: Points scoring for the omnium will be a modified international omnium format(we might dub it International DLV Omnium?). Points will score 15 places deep, with the winner of each event scoring 15pts, then 14pts for 2nd and 1 point steps till 15th place gets 1 point. All other finishers will receive zero points. NON FINISHERS of any event will be penalized 5 points.
2. New Events: There are a couple of new events that we'll be running as part of the omnium:
Reverse Snowball-Big points at the beginning, and points trailing off towards the end of the race.
3Lap "Merckx" TT - This will be actually 3 laps, not a kilo, and aero bars will not be allowed. All other "regular" aero equipment will be fair game, just no aero bars.
Most of the other events are regular events at the DLV, here is the full list:
1 Mercx 3 Lap TT
2 30 Lap Split Scratch
3 60 Lap Points Race
4 Flying 1 Lap TT
5 15 Lap Reverse Snowball
6 15 Lap Win and Out
7 Miss and Out
8 1 Mile Scratch
B and C category races will remain mostly unchanged for this upcoming event.
Check out the race flier here: http://www.dicklanevelodrome.com/sites/default/files/13velocupflier.pdf
We're bringing collegiate racing back to the DLV for 2013 courtesy of the Georgia Tech Cycling Club, with the Collegiate Track Cup. In addition to the racing portion of the Collegiate Track Cup, we will also be running a special beginners class for those riders who wish to become certified for racing track. For more info, check over here:
CHECK YOUR CHAINRING BOLTS!!!
We have seen a number of chainring bolts both on the apron of the track, in the pavilion area and in the parking lot, so before your next ride at the track please be sure to check that all of your chainring bolts are:
A. Present and accounted for
B. Tight enough to remain that way!
A reminder to everyone that this week we will be holding our second(and final) Working Mans Two Day this Tuesday and Wednesday. Racing both nights will be for ALL CATEGORIES, Beginners included. Check the schedule of events and all of the details over here: http://www.dicklanevelodrome.com/pages/workingmansmadison.html